What is Camp?
- Part photography institute … high-caliber teachers and quality, hands-on classes in five categories: photo tech, photo shoot, video, photo artistry, and photo craft … plus a print lobby with unlimited printers/paper/ink to print your photos
- Part summer camp … big après-class FUN and freedom to act like a kid again: shared cabins with roommates, camp counselors, campfires, sing alongs, skits, square dancing, fun and games
- Part community … enjoy old friends, make new friends and become part of the Firefly family: learn together, live together, play together
- Part retreat … unplug and relax in a tranquil setting: nourish your body with walks and delicious food, nourish your soul with nature and joy
Classes With Laurie:
- PHOTOGRAPH WITH INTENTION
- Photo Adventures: Play with Infrared, Lensbaby and More
- Find your visual voice
- Photographing people in landscape
Laurie Klein is an award-winning fine art, commercial wedding and portrait photographer and educator. She is the author of Photographing the Female Form with Digital Infrared, and Hand Coloring Black and White Photography, a contributing writer for PPA magazine and Rangefinder Magazine. Her work embodies a soft passionate style that most often depicts the feminine experience, relationships and landscapes.
A gifted photo educator for over 30 years, Laurie teaches classes and workshops both nationally and internationally at Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, Maine Photographic Workshops and others. She also holds yearly mentoring programs for high school students who are interested in photography.
Laurie has a MFA in photography from Ohio U and BFA from RIT. She also studied with Ansel Adams.
See the blog for our interview with Laurie and some of her most recent work!