Infrared: A to Z
A 3-Day, Intensive with Laurie Klein and Shelley Vandegrift, online on May 1-3, 2020.
Looking for a new way to make your images stand out? Infrared photography takes a mundane scene and turns it into magic. Learn infrared photography from camera selection to capture considerations to efficient and artistic post-processing in just 3 days. Join us for this information-packed, intensive workshop using the Zoom web platform. Zoom platform, which is free to the participants. Zoom is a video conferencing tool that allows all participants to see each other, view and discuss presentations, and submit questions and comments in written form.
Participants will also receive two incredible free bonuses: a one-hour, private online session with Laurie Klein (a $250 value) and a coupon for 20% off an autographed copy of the updated second edition of Infrared Photography: Artistic Techniques for Brilliant Images, which is due out in early summer from Amherst Publishing.
Who Should Attend: Photographers who are new to Infrared or who want a deeper understanding of Infrared and how it fits in their artistic life.
Friday: Getting Started
- What is Infrared Photography
- Equipment Options
- Lens Flares, Hotspots, Oh My!
- Metering, Settings, and Bracketing
- White Balancing in the Infrared Spectrum
- What Things Look Like in Infrared and Why
- Composition and Content
Saturday: Practice what you learned on Friday shooting in and around your home area. We will have at least two online sessions during the day to discuss any ah-ha moments, challenges, or questions.
Sunday: Putting it all together in post-production
- The ABCs of effective, fine art image editing.
- Telling your image’s story
- Which imaging software is best for you?
- Using presets to streamline your workflow
- Getting jiggy with it: adding your artistic flair
All workshops and tours are subject to LJK Workshop’s Terms & Conditions.
Bookings are closed for this event.