November 7 – 15, 2020
$5,800 per person, single occupancy.
Book with a friend and choose double occupancy to get a $300 per person discount.
Color images copyright Cat Allen
Laurie Klein and Shelley Vandegrift, the invisible story team, are thrilled to invite you to this one of a kind, boutique photographic excursion to the sophisticated Chilean capital of Santiago and the gorgeous Andes mountain range in which it is nestled. Our tour will take you from Santiago’s eclectic neighborhoods to panoramic Andean mountain vistas and scenic coastal towns along the Pacific. No matter what subject matter is your favorite to photograph, it is covered in this trip.
Cat, our local guide, is an English Chilean resident, a photojournalist, street photographer, and world traveler. She will guide us to find the perfect locations each day. Laurie and Shelley will be available at all times to assist with capture and technical matters.
Registration is limited to 11 participants. This is an active adventure, and participants should be comfortable walking several miles unaided most days.
Included in our itinerary:
- Santiago: walking tours through enchanting neighborhoods, a funicular ride to amazing city vistas, street art, and local markets
- Valparaiso: a colorful and poetic port city (proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2003), colorful views, street art, and a fish market
- Pomaire: a small dusty village a short distance from Santiago known for its handicrafts and ceramic artisans
- Isla Negra: picturesque rocky beaches and the weird and wonderful home of Nobel poet, Pablo Neruda, where we will photograph the grounds and visit the home.
- Cajon del Maipo: a majestic river gorge in the heart of the Andes through which the Maipo river flows offering beautiful views and landscapes.
- Vineyards: a number of incredible wineries sit minutes outside of Santiago
- Andes: visit a nature reserve and hike to extraordinary viewpoints
Included in the price:
- 8 nights private, single occupancy accommodations in a 4-star Santiago hotel.
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Transportation to all locations in a private 15-passenger minibus
- Breakfast and dinner each day
- An organized itinerary guided by an English-speaking professional photographer
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- Roundtrip airfare to Santiago
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Drinks and alcohol
- Trip insurance
If booking double occupancy, please provide the name of your companion in the attendee information. No discount will be available if your companion does not book at the same time.
All workshops and tours are subject to LJK Workshop’s Terms & Conditions.