A 3-Day Intensive with Laurie Klein and Shelley Vandegrift, online April 9-11, 2021, noon to 5 each day
Looking for a new way to make your images stand out? Infrared photography takes a mundane scene and turns it into magic. Learn infrared photography from camera selection to capture considerations to efficient and artistic post-processing in just 3 days with Laurie Klein and Shelley Vandegrift, co-authors of Infrared Photography: Techniques for Artistic Images from Amherst Publishing. Join us for this information-packed, intensive workshop online using video conferencing that allows all participants to see each other, view and discuss presentations, and submit questions and comments.
Who Should Attend: Photographers just getting started in infrared photography or experienced infrared artists who want a deeper understanding of the craft and how it fits in their creative life.
Friday: Getting Started
- What is infrared photography
- Equipment options
- Lens flares, hotspots, oh my!
- Metering, settings, and bracketing
- White balancing your camera in the infrared spectrum
- What things look like in infrared and why
- Composition and content
Saturday: Practice what you learned on Friday shooting in and around your home area. We will have at least two online sessions during the day to discuss any ah-ha moments, challenges, or questions. Laurie and Shelley will be available throughout the day to assist you.
Sunday: Putting it all together in post-production
- The ABCs of effective editing for fine art infrared images
- Telling your image’s story
- Using presets to streamline your workflow
- Getting jiggy with it: adding your artistic flair